The Hockey Blawg is the creation of Dan Greene, who is a licensed attorney in the State of New York. Outside of his everyday legal practice, Dan serves as an Editorial Board member for LawInSport and has guest lectured on various Sports Law topics at the Syracuse University College of Law.
He graduated from the Syracuse University College of Law in 2016 where he was the President of the Entertainment & Sports Law Society and an Associate Notes Editor for the Syracuse Law Review. During law school, Dan's note entitled "From the Ice to the Courtroom: Analyzing the Relationship Between Professional Ice Hockey and Tort Liability," was published in the Spring 2016 issue of The Sports Lawyers Journal. He was also a finalist at the 2015 Hockey Arbitration Competition of Canada.
Before law school, Dan interned with PuckAgency and then served as the Coordinator of Hockey Operations for Union College's Division I Men's Ice Hockey program for two seasons. While attending Union College (Class of 2011), Dan was President of the Club Hockey Team, Sports Editor for the Concordiensis, and Sports Director of WRUC 89.7 FM.
Dan has played hockey for his entire life and continues to play while practicing law. He is also a member of The Sports Lawyers Association, the Entertainment, Arts, and Sports Law Section of the New York State Bar Association, and the American Bar Association's Forum on Entertainment and Sports Industry.
Note from the Author:
Thank you for checking out my blog! I just wanted to make a few notes:
(1) I am not an expert in this field (yet).
(2) I hope this blog is informative for readers and a learning tool for myself.
(3) I will cover hockey and its intersection with the law, league governance, business, etc. (and maybe some other interesting things).
(4) While I’d like to cover all sports law, I have limited this blog to hockey since I work full-time as an attorney.
(5) Clearly I'm not much of a website developer, so the physical site itself will be a work in progress. That being said, if anyone wants to help with logos, web design, etc. please let me know!
(6) If you have any questions or comments, please contact me via the Contact page.